Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak and Skillet Potatoes

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

A thick ribeye with some tatorsimage

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    i could definitly destroy that
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Options
    You had me at ribeye.  Looks great sir, do you always use a leave in probe when doing steaks?  I haven't tried that, but I have a maverick 732 and may give it a go.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    The ribeye was a little over 1 1/2" thick. It was hard not to eat all of it for dinner. It was excellent. I should've started the potatoes before adding the mushrooms as the mushrooms were over done.
    I do the meat probe after I sear (TRex method) so I know when it's medium (I went to 126°).
    XLBalco- That is word for word what a co-worker said when he saw my left-overs.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Steak is where it's at!!  and taters... well... everybody likes taters. :)
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Yours looks outstanding. Just make me think: next time get the skillet RED hot and toss a steak like that in it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.