Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just Veggies

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,060
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
A strange and busy cook night.  The spouse still feels under the weather, and just wanted veggies, so I cooked these direct and indirect on the LBGE, then converted for a couple other cooks.

Due to her feeling sick we got out of sync with our meals, and have some food thawed that needs to be cooked, but will become instant left over.  I hate instant left overs.

Anyway, some other cooks to be posted.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,616
    Doc, I hope she get to feeling better.  Those are some nice veggie mix
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    I too hope she feels better soon...

Being a carnivore, veggies aren't real high on the list :) , but those look tasty!  I do like the mix... nice.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • SlobberdogSlobberdog Posts: 54
    So Doc, I see you grill a lot of different veggies. Please share your basic prep and method.
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,060

I sometimes mix and toss, and sometime layer by type.  The latter if I want to char a little.

They are both the same combo.  The layered method is:

Carrot chips

Peppers

Onions

Zuchinni

Other things from time to time; red cabbage, brouccoli, snow peas, and so on.

Half load on the XL, heat to 350.  Direct for 5 to 10 minutes.  Stir.  Indirect until done, checking and stirring every 10 minutes.  At each stir spray with EVOO and add whatever spices you want (we like garlic).  Warm and crispy beats the heck out of over done and mushy.

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,160
    So if I just feed a rabit the veggies and eat the rabit later, is that the same thing?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,060
    Ummmmm, I love rabbit.  I can't get it here except frozen from the grocery.