Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Pork Butt time estimation

friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I know there have been a bunch of talk lately about estimating time and yes I'm going to cook to temp, but I'm cooking 1 10 lb bone in butt, and about a 6 pound boneless butt at the same time.

What's your best guess on time? 15 hours for the big, 9 for small?
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,656
    Depends on temp cooking at. 15 hours will be close at 250 dome temp. I did a 9.5 lb one this last weekend and it was 14 hours.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    yeah, 250-270 dome temp is what I like
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,656

Never done two at same time that vary that much in weight. I would say waiting 3-4 hours would be close. Who knows, right?

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    yeah just trying to estimate because I have a couple other things to cook as well
    ·
  • That all sounds about right to me. Wait 2-3 hours the. Throw on the little one.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,900
    Estimate long and then you can FTC if finished early-I usually see around 2 hrs/# at 250*F (+/-) on a calibrated dome for pork but each hunk is different.
    Louisville
    ·