Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

End of my ash tool broke off

FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

While lighting the Egg yesterday I stirred the coals a little with the ash tool to make an opening to drop a lighter cube in the grill (Raining at the time so I didn't use an electric starter).  I look down and the weld spots that hold the little piece of metal that forms the end of the tool to the rod had simply broke off, and the smaller piece was sitting in the coals. 

I was given the tool by the dealer when I bought my Egg, and am pretty sure it's a BGE brand, but never looked to see if it was branded anywhere.  Anyone else have this happen?  Are they warrantied?  I don't weld, so I'm thinking if I am just out of luck, I might try to put the end in a vise and put a 90 degree bend in to use it as a wiggle rod. 

Comments