Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

J ville smoked sausage

eggoeggo Posts: 435
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Picked up some Johnsonville smoked sausage today to grill with a spatchcock chicken. Any suggestions on the cook? I have spatched a chicken, OK with that, but never grilled any smoked sausage.
Eggo in N. MS
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Are you doing the chicken raised direct? If so the sausages will be OK beside it. If you are at the normal grid level the sausage will burst from the flame.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 435
    Planning to do the chicken atop the AR. Will the J villes need turning and how much time needed? Sausage on at the start or wait til the last part of the chicken cook?
    Sure don't to burst them.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    I did wings and sausage last night on a raised grid. I'd guess the wings were about half done before I put the sausage on.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·