Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

IPad test and Paella Cook...

troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had a hankering for paella all last week. This one was my best so far:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Also wanted some pineapple with Dizzy's Pineapple Head (I could eat this every day):

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe

Comments

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,656
    Nice job on the paella! What kind of rice did you use & did you get any soccarat?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,372
    Had pineapple yesterday as well. Nice job on paella.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    The closest rice I can find to bomba up here is Arborio. It works well though -- just don't stir it too much. I was very patient with this paella, and put the lid down until I heard the rice crackle. It had a decent soccarat, but wonder if it would be even better using bomba. No complaints though. It tasted great.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Where are you located?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

I'm in the Madison, WI area during the week. Arborio is probably considered a bit exotic here.

When you said up here I thought you might have meant Canada. These guys seem to ship to US though. The arroz works just as well to my tastes FWIW

http://www.dolcegourmando.com/Spanish-Foods/

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Wisconsin, southern Canada, not much difference...
  • I'm in the Madison, WI area during the week. Arborio is probably considered a bit exotic here.
    you can get it there. it's just risotto

Probably available at most stores but at that Whole Foods on University for sure.

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
    Well you have better football, hockey and baseball teams

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Paella looks good... and grilled pineapple is the best!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    Arborio is accessible, but bomba is not. Can't even find it at Whole Foods. I haven't even been to the Trader Joe's yet. I'm just never on Monroe St.

LS, are you insinuating you're a Packer and Badger fan?
    I love the Pack, the whole Black and Blue division to be honest. I was being facetious about hockey. No pro team in WI is better than the Leafs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Pro team?  Hockey?  Wisconsin?  Oh, I see what you did there...