Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spares trimmed St. Louis style-what do you with the trimmings?

lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,226
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Converted to St Louis ribs several months ago-I'm looking for simple uses for the trimmings.  I generally smoke them along with the ribs-eat some as cook's treat as I go and then usually toss the rest in a pot of beans.  Gotta be other options???

Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I've always gone just like you Cap.  My grocer gets St. Louis pre-cut in cryovac.  I've been using them and like them a lot.
  • That's what I do Cap. I love the little flap meat on the back. I grill it and eat it.
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 283
    Check out this link, I have done this several times and they are FANTASTIC!!

Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,560
    If I get the big flap, I smoke it for an hour or two and serve it.  Smaller ones I lift off the grill with tongs and nibble on right there at the grill.  Just rub and smoke; it is very tasty.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 547
    Use the meat in your spaghetti sauce dude.  A rack of baby back ribs in my 3 gallon sauce batch is unreal.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    cook them at the same time and serve them, or save them for sausage.

my wife used them in some chili we made this past weekend too.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante