Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your occupation?

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

I'll start. Infantry, US Army

Hooah!  I work in the International Programs Office for the U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI).  Among other things, travisstrick, you may thank us for your MILES, Common Driver Trainer, and Hummer Roll Over Trainer.
    You will get no thanks for that hot garbage called MILES. The roll over trainer is another story. That thing has saved lives for sure. I have rolled over in 3 different types of army vehicles, the HMMWV  being one of them. (this was prior to the trainer being available.)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • IT Architect - Voice & Data systems integration.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    OK, scratch MILES.  MILES bad!  How about the Advanced Gunnery Training System?

http://www.peostri.army.mil/PRODUCTS/ProductCatalog2010.pdf

All But War is Simulation!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

I'll start. Infantry, US Army

Hooah!  I work in the International Programs Office for the U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI).  Among other things, travisstrick, you may thank us for your MILES, Common Driver Trainer, and Hummer Roll Over Trainer.
    You will get no thanks for that hot garbage called MILES. The roll over trainer is another story. That thing has saved lives for sure. I have rolled over in 3 different types of army vehicles, the HMMWV  being one of them. (this was prior to the trainer being available.)
    My dad and I rolled over in his Rhino hunting last year hunting in Wyoming.. I think he needed some training.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I was a guy get hit with an IED in a John Deere Gator in the mountains of Afghan(he was ok, the Gator not so much)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I sell beer
    I drink beer,  you need a customer?
    No lie. The fox is in the hen house for sure!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hey  Travis, Check out my website  when you get a minute www.hankypankeyguideservice.com  Last name is Pankey so I put it to good use since I caught hell my  whole life.
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Video Guy for live shows and events.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Started selling Toyotas in 1969. Social promotion got me being able to lock and unlock the place.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• You could say I do something as simple as underwrite Business insurance policies. I tend to look at it as I protect Small Business Owner's livelihoods by getting them back on their feet after a devastating loss.
    San Antonio, TX
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Retired pilot, 35 years with Northwest Airlines.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • Started selling Toyotas in 1969. Social promotion got me being able to lock and unlock the place.
    Year I was born. My Grandfather was in the car biz and turned down the 1st Toyota dealership in Dallas because "Those little pieces of sh*t will never sell in Texas".....................needless to say he was less than pleased with his decision (as were we all).

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    edited April 2012
    Started selling Toyotas in 1969. Social promotion got me being able to lock and unlock the place.
    Year I was born. My Grandfather was in the car biz and turned down the 1st Toyota dealership in Dallas because "Those little pieces of sh*t will never sell in Texas".....................needless to say he was less than pleased with his decision (as were we all).

Then we (remember I am at Fort Hood,TX) got "I fought those @&$?!&&& and will never buy a rice burner". It was only 25 years after THE WAR. Now most of those gallant men are gone.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    OK, I'll be honest.  Retired Systems Engineer with IBM.  Started when we wired boards on the old accounting machines, so I saw the entire computer industry grow to what it was 5 years ago.

When the PC was announced, customers asked me about it.   I said it was a toy and would never amount to much.  

:))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

i sell gages to people that make lots of precision parts.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• fishnerd
    fishnerd Posts: 3
    Biologist at a public aquarium.
  • Tomcat225
    Tomcat225 Posts: 41
    Deputy Sheriff in the FL Panhandle..
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Biologist at a public aquarium.

My wife has a degree in Marine Biology from UNCW. But she didnt want to get into doing research so she went back to school and is and RN.

I took her to Atlanta last year and got her to dive in the Georgia Aquarium. Thats an incredible place.

But she wouldnt let me go to the Mothership.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Mickey

We go to Seaside each year. Can we talk tickets.

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    5th grade teacher September-June. Contractor from June-August. Certified principal looking for a principal job so o don't have to swing the hammer all summer long.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Tater
    Tater Posts: 16
    Sales Consultant for Pella Windows and Doors...
    Always having fun with the BGE!
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Ex-Navy - Com/Nav/Radar Tech for EA6Bs - now a Director of Billing for an insurance company

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• friscoag
    friscoag Posts: 97
    National account manager for a commercial A/V company. Sell all kinds of A/V, audio/video conferencing, control systems, etc. @new england egger you deal with A/V integrators?
  • STANGOJE
    STANGOJE Posts: 44
    Electrical Drafting and Design
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Sales supervisor for Liq, beer, & wine distributor. (yes, we get samples) :D
  • Tomcat225
    Tomcat225 Posts: 41
    Mickey, I can't get you out of jail, but can set you up with our best room...I'm not far from seaside...
  • Bama J
    Bama J Posts: 19
    Sales Rep for Ronnie Watkins Ford. 
  • howmeisterg
    howmeisterg Posts: 143
    Electrical Engineer here - for train control systems, keep people safe and keep trains from crashing.
  • Mickey
    Do you go to Bad Byron's place? Just northeast of Saeside a few miles.

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    CPA in a consulting practice.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.