Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Homemade Meatball and Marinara Pizza

Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,463
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I know this cook doesn't meet the @VillageIdiot challenge, but I thought I would post anyway. We Egg pizza all the time and it is always great. However, last night may be the best pizza I have ever tasted.

My wife, an excellent cook in every way, made her somewhat famous meatballs and marinara recipe. It is fantastic. The next day we made a pizza using a whole wheat crust with olive oil, garlic salt, sesame seeds, meatballs (diced), marinara, parmesan, and mozzarella.

The pics aren't great but the flavor was amazing. I cancelled my lunch meeting today so I could go home and eat it again.

Also, I tried the platesetter legs up, grate, stone combination and had better success with getting a crispy crust than some of the others. I will use that setup going forward.

imageimage
pizza1.JPG
480 x 640 - 150K
pizza2.JPG
640 x 480 - 130K

Comments