Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Homemade Meatball and Marinara Pizza

Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,679
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I know this cook doesn't meet the @VillageIdiot challenge, but I thought I would post anyway. We Egg pizza all the time and it is always great. However, last night may be the best pizza I have ever tasted.

My wife, an excellent cook in every way, made her somewhat famous meatballs and marinara recipe. It is fantastic. The next day we made a pizza using a whole wheat crust with olive oil, garlic salt, sesame seeds, meatballs (diced), marinara, parmesan, and mozzarella.

The pics aren't great but the flavor was amazing. I cancelled my lunch meeting today so I could go home and eat it again.

Also, I tried the platesetter legs up, grate, stone combination and had better success with getting a crispy crust than some of the others. I will use that setup going forward.

Winston-Salem, NC 
pizza1.JPG 149.7K
pizza2.JPG 129.9K

• NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    Holy cow that looks good!! Great looking crust! I may have to make a pizza tonight!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    That looks crazy, I think im making pizza tonight.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

• pezking7ppezking7p Posts: 132
    Fantastic looking crust.  Home made or store bought?
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,679
    We usually make it ourselves, but this is from Lowe's Foods. We have struggled with finding a good whole wheat dough recipe.
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,645
    WOW... Tell us about her  famous meatballs and marinara recipe.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,679
    I have put in a request for the recipe. Initial feedback from the boss is that I may get the meatball recipe but the marinara recipe won't be available. I will post when I receive. Nothing ground breaking but very tasty.
    Winston-Salem, NC