Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Try at Trex - pics inside

XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

cant believe it took me this long to cook some steaks on the egg.... When I bought my egg in October  and started researching different methods of cooking on it,  I never had  heard of the Trex Method.. props and thanks to ya'll..

pics arent the greatest.. I was whooped by the time i was done cooking and didnt care much about presentaion :).. long days of work and 21 month old twins can make for a long but short evening!

the meat - ribeye for me and filet for the wife..  didnt go overboard on the cuts just in case i ruined it - lol

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Sign me up. Nice cook.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,055
    Yummmy. Looks like you did good.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    I should not be looking at this stuff this early in the AM, damn I'm getting hungry. That's a good looking piece of cow!!
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,332
    Nice cook sir!  How did you and the wife like the steaks from the egg?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575
    she had the filet and loved it.  she only does steak about once every 3 months..  she said why do we bother continuing go out to eat- i said outside of being a habit i dont know!
  • The only reason I ever go out to eat is to let somebody else do the dishes!

• Nice cook! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • pezking7ppezking7p Posts: 132
    Lookin' good!  I haven't looked back since I started TREXing steaks.  Seems foolproof.