Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

HighQue grate vs mini vs 9.5 Mini SS cooking grate

frankie482frankie482 Posts: 253
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
For those who have both, what is the difference between the HighQue grate for a Large and the 9.5 Mini SS cooking grate other than 9 inch vs 9.5 inch?

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 14,110
    Not sure if I am answering this to what you ask. The High Que is at the bottom of the fire box holding the lump and the 9.5 or newer 10 inch is on top holding the food. This is the HighQue
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

I think I am am idiot. You are asking if you can use your 9.5 as a High Que. If so, I see no reason you can't. It will raise your fire level a tad.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• frankie482frankie482 Posts: 253
    I thought the BGE mini grate could be used in the Large.

I was wondering if the stainless was about the same gauge on both and what the price difference was.

The BGE is more $$$. Just from looking about the same gauge. BUT if you have a 9.5 and got a new 10" and now have an extra............can see no reason not to use in Large (just will raise firebed height). Or use bolts in the old 9.5 to make another raised grill of a different height.