Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fajita Marinade

The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 11,451
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

This is from another thread but I wanted to know where to find it. It's the only place I have it written down!

1C-EVOO

1/2C Red Wine Vinegar

1/2 cup Ponzu (can also use Soy or Teriyaki)

6 oz pineapple juice (that is the size of the small cans at the grocery store)

1-large chipotle pepper (in can in adobo sauce)- could add another one for my tatse but start with 1 if you don't like spicy

1 Tablespoon Achiote Paste

3 cloves Garlic

Little Salt and Pepper

I blended up for 1 minute in my blender to get everything good and emulsified.

I rub my steak (or chicken or pork) with EVOO, Salt, Pepper, and Achiote Paste. I let it sit for a while until it's good and red (30 minutes or so) then I pour the marinade over and let sit in fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.

Achiote paste can be found in the Mexican section of many mainstream stores and in all Mexican food stores.

Comments