Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI Grates

Options
Z_Eggineer
Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

http://amzn.com/B0044EG5CA

Have yall seen this product?  What do you think?  I think I am going to put money in the budget for a cast iron (CI) grate eventually for steaks, etc.

Comments

• Z_Eggineer
    Options
    bump.  It is a cast iron removable grate center.
  • hogsfan
    hogsfan Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes. I had one for my kettle. I do not believe it will fit on the egg unless you plan on just setting it on top of the grate. The problem I had with it is it's really, really thick and I found it took a LONG time to preheat. I would get something else unless you are thinking of buying it for a Weber kettle...and the main reason I would recommend it for the kettle is because the wire rack is really super. Gives you great access to coals and works great with the Performer starter if you have one. It's also porcelain coated so it won't rust and reasonably priced.  Hope this helps.
  • Z_Eggineer
    Options

Ok, thanks.  I will get a cast iron grate made for my LBGE.  Now I just need to decide on manufacturer, modular, etc.

Nice to meet you hogsfan.  I just moved from Arkansas and graduated from UofA. GO HOGS