Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wokka Flocka Flame

JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Here is my first attempt at wok on the BGE. I have been stir frying outdoors with propane for years on the same wok (Wok Shop). Turned out I had the perfect size for the Large BGE and all I needed was the spider. Thanks for the tips Village Idiot, I don't think you are quite the idiot you claim to be...

Scrounged around what I had around the house. Jumbo Shrimps and some Lo Mein noodles with Broccoli and Onion.

For the sauce, I whipped together some fresh garlic, ginger, Sriracha, Hoisan, Soy Sauce, sugar, Rice Wine, red pepper flakes, Sesame seed oil, and a dash of corn starch.

I pre-boiled the noodles to get them soft (al dente)

Hit the screaming hot wok with the shrimps, then the veggies, then the noodles, then the sauce.

Sorry no during-cook pics, as you stir-friers know, it's fast and furious...

Turned out great. A sweet/Spicey flavor with crisp veggies and juicy perfectly cooked shrimp.
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
·

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looks great, Jerk.  Nice photos too.  I have become a sauce freak.  Looks like you're sauce has a bit of a kick to it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Yea, the Sauce is definitely where you can put the most artistic influence on your stir fry cook. I usually tend to lean towards the spicy and sweet stuff. My family just devours it!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776

Looks outstanding!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Prima Dona! Well WOKed!
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    Outstanding!! I haven't had my wok out for several weeks! Gotta do it soon!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·