Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wokka Flocka Flame

JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Here is my first attempt at wok on the BGE. I have been stir frying outdoors with propane for years on the same wok (Wok Shop). Turned out I had the perfect size for the Large BGE and all I needed was the spider. Thanks for the tips Village Idiot, I don't think you are quite the idiot you claim to be...

Scrounged around what I had around the house. Jumbo Shrimps and some Lo Mein noodles with Broccoli and Onion.

For the sauce, I whipped together some fresh garlic, ginger, Sriracha, Hoisan, Soy Sauce, sugar, Rice Wine, red pepper flakes, Sesame seed oil, and a dash of corn starch.

I pre-boiled the noodles to get them soft (al dente)

Hit the screaming hot wok with the shrimps, then the veggies, then the noodles, then the sauce.

Sorry no during-cook pics, as you stir-friers know, it's fast and furious...

Turned out great. A sweet/Spicey flavor with crisp veggies and juicy perfectly cooked shrimp.
IMG_1212.JPG
2592 x 1936 - 2M
IMG_1216.jpg
1936 x 2592 - 2M
IMG_1218.jpg
1936 x 2592 - 3M
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments