Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Craiglist - Used Medium Egg

XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 562
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

good price?

MEDIUM - Big Green Egg: Seasoned and comes with Plate setter and Table. Selling because I have the Large BGE and don't really need or use the medium egg that much.

Retail new $625.00 without the plate setter and table.

Happiness in a smaller package -- the Medium EGG is perfectly sized for smaller families and couples. Get all the famous Big Green Egg versatility and efficiency in a smaller package with plenty of cooking area to accommodate a backyard cookout of four steaks or two whole chickens.

·

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,820
    I bought my Medium egg in CA (it matters, price different in different parts of the country) new for $900ish with platesetter and a nest.  The egg itself was $699.  Personally, I'd spend the extra money and get the lifetime warranty.
    ·
  • odie91odie91 Posts: 201

good price?

MEDIUM - Big Green Egg: Seasoned and comes with Plate setter and Table. Selling because I have the Large BGE and don't really need or use the medium egg that much.

Retail new $625.00 without the plate setter and table.

Happiness in a smaller package -- the Medium EGG is perfectly sized for smaller families and couples. Get all the famous Big Green Egg versatility and efficiency in a smaller package with plenty of cooking area to accommodate a backyard cookout of four steaks or two whole chickens.

what's the price he's selling it for?  if he's asking $625 used, that's a total ripoff. 
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 562
    edited April 2012

sorry..  missed that part

$475 for it

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/hsh/2959861293.html

·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Screw that. Get a new or Demo large. This is something you'll have for life, don't settle. You'll wish it were bigger and you may regret not having warranty.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 562

i didnt plan on buying it and have no plans to buy a 2nd at this point in time :)

just posting in case anyone was interested.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,823
    Ummm no to the Lowes cooker.....

I don't think that price is too bad considering that table and all is with it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    There is a Large BGE on my local craigslist right now for $550. Great shape with Nest if that gives you an idea. Probably talk em down $50 too.... 

It'll go quick
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 797
    Screw that. Get a new or Demo large. This is something you'll have for life, don't settle. You'll wish it were bigger and you may regret not having warranty.
    What's typical for a demo LBGE?  I bought one for $650 with nest and plate setter.  How'd I do?
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    I have a medium that I bought used, with a table. The table was a little worn but more than serves it purpose. Egg, table, rib rack, BGE grate gripper, beer can butt chicken rack - $125. Priceless!!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·
    @njl
    My Demo egg was $750. Came with nest, plate setter, ash-tool, starters and a bag of lump. But a huge factor is that the Demo eggs come with the full warranty. $650 would be a great price for demo egg and an okay price for a craigslist egg.
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 797
    Cool.  I figured I'd done well.  IIRC, retail on a LBGE, nest, and plate setter is about $1000.  So, getting $350 off on a lightly used one with warranty seemed like a deal.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,823
    If you are in ATL there is a great deal on craigslist right now. Lightly used LBGE with accessories, really nice table and a light for $750.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·