Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's think this one through...need best ideas to complete this!

Options
smokinsooner
smokinsooner Posts: 161
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Ketogenic Pizza with Bacon Crust

I want to do this on the Egg! Bacon lovers UNITE!

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. While oven is preheating, slice baby bella mushrooms and set aside. Weave bacon into a lattice and place on a rack in a baking dish with sides. Bake bacon lattice in oven for 20-25 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on your oven and how quickly your bacon tends to cook. You want to bake long enough to cook until slightly crisp but not all the way through. Remove and let cool slightly. Add sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, basil, and anything else you like on pizza. Place back in oven and broil for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.

Ingredients:

Bacon, Pizza Sauce, Yogurt Cheese (80% fat and lactose free) (optional), Fresh Basil, Mushrooms, Uncured Pepperoni, etc...

• Now... how I do smoke the bacon crust with out it sticking to the grid?
  • Should I pull the bacon crust off and let it cool as instructed?
BOOMER!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    I'd finish baking it on a stone with parchment under it, like the pizza noobs do here.     :P

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month