Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Voiding your Warranty

MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,691
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
13.  VOIDING THE WARRANTY:  Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to an EGG will void 
the Warranty.  This includes drilling holes or tampering with any of the parts; using any parts 
inside the EGG other than authentic BGE components; or using any internal components in any 
way other than as intended by the manufacturer.  Modifying or substituting any internal 
components, including the fire grate and fire ring, will void the Warranty, and BGE expressly 
disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage which may 
result.  The pouring of lighter fluids or any flammable mixture onto or into an EGG will void the 
Warranty.  This practice is dangerous and may result in damage or injury.  Please see Safety Tips 
at BigGreenEgg.com. 

Greetings friends -

I just registered my Egg and decided to read the Warranty.

Does this mean we should all shut up about using Alcohol to start our cooks?
(my emphasis)

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• sounds like a good idea. Pass this along to Frank under his cracked egg thread so he knows how to handle his scene. They didn't ask me anything, but I was within warranty anyway. I sent pics, they sent parts. still better to be safe than sorry
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • FrankiePFrankieP Posts: 16
    I never used anything to light my egg except those big green egg fire starters they sell at my dealer.  
  • I was even more concerned about the use of aftermarket grates and fire grates. Lots of people play around with different internal configurations. Kind of picky if you ask me............
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • My base cracked on me last night....I've sent pics to my dealer...I hope they replace it! I've tried to add a pic here but seem unable to do so.
  • FrankiePFrankieP Posts: 16
    Everything I ever used in my egg was purchased thru my local dealer. I've had to replace gaskets several times and bought a new grill as the original just got ratty. BGE has replaced fireboxes in the past so I am not really thinking they won't fix my problem...
  • Everything I ever used in my egg was purchased thru my local dealer. I've had to replace gaskets several times and bought a new grill as the original just got ratty. BGE has replaced fireboxes in the past so I am not really thinking they won't fix my problem...
    Same here and I've been taken care of 100% every time I needed them
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE