Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Resetting A Lid

JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 196
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

I moved my XL from my deck to my patio (staining season) and found out the hard way that there is now a gap between my lid and the base. What is the advice to reset my lid? Do I need to do more than just loosening the bolt on the upper band and adjusting that?

*On a side note, I have a nomex to put on still. Should probably do that now, huh?

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,713

Following is a good link for explanation about addressing all types of alignment issues with the Kamado/BGE; and there are several more via Google-may help you out- Good luck-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jplxn4yAg
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,858
    edited April 2012
    I'd start with just the lid bolt and see if that does it.  Not too difficult to loosen "side-to-side" bolts if you have other alignment issues.  Once you get it right, I'd recommend cranking them so the bolts bend and double-bolting them as well, so there's little chance of slippage in the future.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    The video is fairly straight forward, few little differences with the XL though?