Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brunch Ideas on BGE

MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

My folks will be in town in a few weeks and i wanted to make brunch one morning using the BGE.  I will be making a Leg of Lamb (bone-in) the night before, so i could use the leftover meat for some type of egg/lamb benidict. 

Does anyone have any suggest?  With or without the left over lamb.

Thanks

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    We like fritatas....search google for a recipe but ours usually consists of eggs, asaparagus, cheese, onions, whipping cream, milk, diced tomatoes, chopped ham or bacon (or lamb I suppose)...indirect in a CI skillet at 350 for 25-35 minutes until eggs are done...turn once or twice to avoid hot spots... 
  • YukonBillYukonBill Posts: 23
    I made a frittata for Easter on the Egg with a CI pan and it turned out perfect. I would suggest buttering the pan well after it is hot (my grate temp was closer to 300) When it's done, cover the pan with a big serving plate then hold the late and quickly flip the the plate/pan over so the frittata comes put brown side up and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top if you'd like.
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,474
    I have done French toast and pancakes, bacon and sausage, and grilled pineapple.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • smaksmak Posts: 109
    Scotch eggs could be part of the menu...

smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292

I have never had a scotch egg.  I like eggs, and i like meat (i assume that is breakfast sausage), but are those good together?

Is it possible to get the meat shell cooked enough and still have a runny yolk?

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    migas

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    + 3 on the frittata, and maybe some bacon bombs too.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    + 3 on the frittata, and maybe some bacon bombs too.

(bacon bomb is probably better known as the bacon explosion.)
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • smaksmak Posts: 109
    Yes it is breakfast sausage. Yes they are tasty.

The eggs are hard boiled before doing the wrapping in meat portion on the grill. Having them with runny yolks would be very difficult I think.
    smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,980

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,014
    LS that looks wonderful. I want to try that for sure. Ya got my taste buds going!!
    Large, small, and a mini
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    Bloody Marrys and mimosas. Oh wait, those don't go on the egg. Nevermind.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Bloody Marrys and mimosas. Oh wait, those don't go on the egg. Nevermind.
    They do make the food taste better though. I say standard equip on any cook
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,486
    ive seen pics of these cooked on an egg before, they always look good. looks like a good experiment

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/photo/Baked-Eggs-and-Mushrooms-in-Ham-Crisps-106150
    Simply because you CAN poach eggs on an egg doesn't mean you should.

Make fresh bacon or ham on the egg before hand and poach some eggs or make a nice omelette on the stove  Sure you COULD poach eggs  on the egg but really it's just more hassle and doesn't lead to a better product so why bother?

I CAN poach eggs on an egg. It's a free country

Steve 

Caledon, ON

That was a throwdown on the unmentionable forum. They were fun though

Steve 

Caledon, ON