Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

pulling pork

jjmillsjjmills Posts: 75
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I followed a link on here the other night to I believe it was the "meat rake".  I watched the you tube video and it look easy.  Question is,  do you pull the whole shoulder and then sort out the crap?  I just started cooking pork shoulders a few weeks ago.  I've done 6 of them and use a pair of forks and pull out the crap as i go.  It takes me some time so is there a faster easier way like the "meat rake"?  Thanks for any input
·

Comments

• SandBillySandBilly Posts: 224
    I don't crap on my pork.
    ·
  • jjmillsjjmills Posts: 75
    CRAP= large chunks of fat and such.  Sorry to confuse you
    ·
    Sorry to confuse you, but you can't pll out the "crap" if you don't pull it first...
    ·
    edited April 2012
    Forks, and hands.
    ·
    I was asking if it is faster to pull the whole shoulder and then sort through or sort as you go. 
    ·
    Maybe an easier method from someone here, but I just sort as I go if I see big chunks, then go back through again once I'm done.
    ·
    Thanks for your input SandBilly
    ·
    Well, sorry to be a smartazz, I came by it naturally. No offense..
    ·