Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Awesome Gift

milkman5083milkman5083 Posts: 100
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I received a 50 gallon drum full of lump for free!! All big pieces and no dust. A buddy knows the guys that make Royal Oak, Big Green Egg, etc. lump, and I am able to get it for free now. A great way to buy new accessories or meat for the Egg.

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 9,030
    Nice score! ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • milkman5083milkman5083 Posts: 100
    Thanks! I'll take a picture to show how large these pieces are in the drum. They were put in the drum before being bagged so that's why there is no dust.
  • Jameson19Jameson19 Posts: 317
    Where can we buy a drum like that?
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang, beautiful 1 year old daughter and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
    I'm in Northwest Arkansas. A charcoal plant may sell you one if you get a hold of them.
  • Jameson19Jameson19 Posts: 317
    I'm in Vegas. We don't have those things here....
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang, beautiful 1 year old daughter and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
    I'll be over your way to visit family later this year.
    I forgot to upload the pictures.
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Does your buddy need a new buddy? Thats an incredible score. All my friends do is come over drink my booze and expect me to cook for them.

I guess I am stuck with them though.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Does your buddy need a new buddy? Thats an incredible score. All my friends do is come over drink my booze and expect me to cook for them.

so when can I come up ?:)

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • jay75jay75 Posts: 153
    If only all friendships were as beneficial, my lot just take,take,take, food that is!

Does your buddy need a new buddy? Thats an incredible score. All my friends do is come over drink my booze and expect me to cook for them.

so when can I come up ?:)

House is always open to fellow Eggheads who bring food. Im usually good for having a fully stocked bar.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    Two things I always have: a fully stocked bar and a few hundred lbs of lump.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    I have a semi stocked bar, but a kegerator full of homebrew (about 10-15 gallons left in the kegs)
    Two things I always have: a fully stocked bar and a few hundred lbs of lump.

Thats funny, Im on the way to having a few hundred pounds. I convinced the wife there will be a shortage in the summer and we need to keep buying it.

And if the end of the world happens I need Lump and alcohol. Got the meat (we have three fat cats)

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• scaryangelscaryangel Posts: 135
    Now that is a friend. :)
  • jay75jay75 Posts: 153
    Fellow preppers unite!... I for one hope that if the end comes I'm the first to go... All the very best of that's what left can have my egg... Zzzzzzzz
    If anybody is ever in my area, I am more than happy to share the lump. It's nice knowing he is friends with the guys that make the lump. I'm usually in the same boat as everyone else with supplying the food and booze.