Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook!

Options
Bjorg
Bjorg Posts: 241
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
After a day lost yesterday trying to assemble the XL and having obstacle after obstacle, I finally did my first cook today. Lamb roast pulled out at 128, rested 15 min. It was delicious: moist tender, great herb flavor. Also potatoes on the drip pan (indirect cook woo2) and some green beans ( sorry french is my first language) with Quebec cheeze (Oka artisan) in a 
in parchmen foil. My life has just changed... 

Quebec - Canada

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome to our world. Now you can say: "It's an egg thing, you wouldn't understand."
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• woody's wood pit
    Options

like your set up what have ou got the charcoal in and what is that above it...great first cook by the way...

most of us start with something hard like burgers or chicken :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Bjorg
    Options
    Thanks. Its a lump reducing ring and woo2 from ceramic grill store. I used a ceramic stone with foiled drip pan over it for indirect cook. It was my first cook, but I had done my research properly lol. Had been dreaming about getting an egg for a year. 

Quebec - Canada
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Nice ambitious first cook.  Me suspects you've been grilling on one of those other things before.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    That lump reducing ring looks like great idea, keeps the lump away from the air holes, bet is burns good. Great looking cook!
  • Bjorg
    Options
    Nice ambitious first cook.  Me suspects you've been grilling on one of those other things before.
    Oven was the way to do roast before. Never again!

Quebec - Canada