Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie with a good butt

Richfrancis
Richfrancis Posts: 6
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just finished pulling the pork off my smoked butt.  All I can say is OUTSTANDING.  Now the questions is what is the best way to reheat it for tomorrow lunch?  Crock pot?  Microwave?  Oven?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Nice title- great thing about Pulled Pork is that it warms up nicely. I even use the dreaded microwave when in a hurry. You can do stove top, oven, nuker, crock pot, low and slow or fast. It's very forgiving so try a few different ways and see which one you like. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    I warmed my butt in the microwave today.  Be sure to cover it so it won't get too dry.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    I use a slow cooker or stove top, and add a little coke or dr pepper. Reheats very easily.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231
    If you have a vacuum sealer, you can vacuum seal it and reheat it in hot/boiling water in the bag... a zip lock will work in a pinch... but I've used the microwave even for PP...
  • If you have a vacuum sealer, you can vacuum seal it and reheat it in hot/boiling water in the bag... a zip lock will work in a pinch... but I've used the microwave even for PP...
    yep. That's a great way to do it. We have a sous vide cooker and we use it to warm stuff all the time. It's the most gentle way to do it.

• centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231
    I've never cooked any sous vide...  can you do it without a cooker or is it too much trouble to maintain 180ish water...
  • I've never cooked any sous vide...  can you do it without a cooker or is it too much trouble to maintain 180ish water...
    it would be tough without a very precise stove. It's awesome and I cook at like 125-130. It's cool too- works well with the egg (sear after sous vide)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I even tried my rice cooker, and it worked fine!  It came with a raised, perforated metal plate that keeps the food (they suggest vegetables) over the water in the bottom.  It does soften up any bark, but on pork butt I don't mind so much.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• I even tried my rice cooker, and it worked fine!  It came with a raised, perforated metal plate that keeps the food (they suggest vegetables) over the water in the bottom.  It does soften up any bark, but on pork butt I don't mind so much.  
    I've heard that works well as a sous vide, Botch. It's a fun way to cook too. 

• scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    I warm it in the microwave with a damp paper towel over it.
  • Thanks for all the help.   Used the vacuum sealer and heated it in hot water.  Turned out great.