Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey--12 pounds---?

Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 271
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Easter turkey on the v rack with placesetter for indirect.

apple wood for flavor

Emeral seasoning

what am i missing?

about how long

Ideas please

Thanks

Comments

• Setup sounds good...using a drip pan?

I'm not great with times but I do them at like 350 until done (I know, I hate it when people say that too). I do them every year at Christmas and they come out great
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE &1 MiniMax BGE
    1- Large BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • I think I use the Naked whiz cook time (I don't do the herb rub like they do but I think the cook times and setup are good). I haven't checked that one in a while but I think that's how I got started with Turkey

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE &1 MiniMax BGE
    1- Large BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • smoloneysmoloney Posts: 30
    I did a spatchcock turkey a couple weeks ago, I brined it overnight, rubbed down with olive oil and cajun seasoning. I put it high in the dome at 250 took about 1hr 45mn. Had a thermometer in it set for 165. then let it sit on the counter for 1/2hr wrapped in aluminum foil.
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 271

yes, drip pan with apple juice and water