Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New Stuff!

smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

The soon-to-be Mrs.SmokinSooner was good to me!

Lodge.jpg
800 x 478 - 55K
BOOMER!
·

Comments

• Will you use the dutch oven on the Egg? I've got one from Le Creuset. I need to check the temperature tolerance of my lid handle.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
    ·
  • Will you use the dutch oven on the Egg? I've got one from Le Creuset. I need to check the temperature tolerance of my lid handle.

Yep. The Lodge is made for the Egg!

BOOMER!
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i'm sure that if the handle is fine for your oven, it's fine for the egg.  lots of folks use their le cruesets on the egg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • The handle unscrews on ours so we take it off on hotter cooks. I think they said it was good to 350 or something like that. Ours is a Crueset knockoff we got as a gift (cheap basta.....or wait, I meant thanks!)

·