Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

BGE XL - Table question.

Iceman5705Iceman5705 Posts: 83
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

All,

I am thinking about building a table around my EGG.  I am concerned about alot of different things.  I would like to keep it in the nest and just build a table around it.  Thoughts?  Anybody else done this?

Thanks,

Gabe

Comments

• lilwootylilwooty Posts: 203
    Certainly doable.  I would probably lean towards making two small side tables without tops that would be positioned on each side of the egg.  Then build one long top the length of your egg and both tables with your 26 1/4" hole in the middle.  Put it over everthing and then screw it to the tables on each side.  Then some long bracing underneath along the bottom legs of the tables to tie everything together.  You are sure to get some even better ideas from some of the excellent design experts we have on this forum.

Living Large and XL

• centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    You could try building a table with a U cut out of it where you roll the egg into...
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,011
    What about building 2 small tables on casters that would roll right up to the side of the egg? By doing, this, you could accomplish a few things. 1 your egg would stay in the nest and it would stop be mobile. 2. You'd have the extra counter space you'd need. 3. When the egg is not in use, you'd have 2 mobile tables that could be used for bar carts or other outdoor tables.
    Mark Annville, PA