Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE XL - Table question.

Iceman5705Iceman5705 Posts: 83
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

All,

I am thinking about building a table around my EGG.  I am concerned about alot of different things.  I would like to keep it in the nest and just build a table around it.  Thoughts?  Anybody else done this?

Thanks,

Gabe

·

Comments

• lilwootylilwooty Posts: 213
    Certainly doable.  I would probably lean towards making two small side tables without tops that would be positioned on each side of the egg.  Then build one long top the length of your egg and both tables with your 26 1/4" hole in the middle.  Put it over everthing and then screw it to the tables on each side.  Then some long bracing underneath along the bottom legs of the tables to tie everything together.  You are sure to get some even better ideas from some of the excellent design experts we have on this forum.

Living Large and XL

·
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    You could try building a table with a U cut out of it where you roll the egg into...
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    What about building 2 small tables on casters that would roll right up to the side of the egg? By doing, this, you could accomplish a few things. 1 your egg would stay in the nest and it would stop be mobile. 2. You'd have the extra counter space you'd need. 3. When the egg is not in use, you'd have 2 mobile tables that could be used for bar carts or other outdoor tables.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·