Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

an APRIL fool that lasts forever

Chef ArnoldiChef Arnoldi Posts: 974
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
i just came back from Lowe's where i never laughed so loud - this is insane how the public is being fooled. I saw a black metal egg-shaped smoker that is insulated with fiber glass ( originated in Atlanta ) made who knows where $299 large size
Next to it a Chinese egg-shaped ceramic smoker with outside looking painted light green & gray splotches [ looked to me like a modern flower pot ] $600 large. When i asked how heavy it was, the salesman told me it will need 4 people to lift. I also asked what happens  when the inside cracks, where would i get parts "oh, we can order it for you"  HA, ha, ha.
I wish people would just stop wasting their money and buy THE REAL DEAL - A BGE !
Service is always at hand, a proven smoker, with thousands of friendly users around the world that are willing to help each other.