Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What's the best setup for my menu today...

EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Going to do a pork loin and was thinking some Au Gratin Potatoes.  I don't have a raised grid or anything to make it a raised grid.  Here is what I have...Platesetter, pizza stone and the legs that came with the Egg.   How could I do that so both cook at the same time?  Would I just do platesetter, grate and then food on top of the grates with the au gratin dish on the grate as well?

Comments

• rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    If you don't have the expander, a couple of bricks will work to raise the
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 333
    Maybe wrap the potato dish up good and place it next to the Pork Loin to cook. That loin will not take long to cook. I did one earlier this week and it was about 1hr and 30 min. and it was done and ready to come off. It was done way before I was ready or when I figured it would be done.
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    If you don't have the expander, a couple of bricks will work to raise the
    I don't have any bricks either.....Yeah I know the loin won't take me long at all.  I love making loins especially for sandwiches later on.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    if everything fits on one grate i'm not sure what the problem is.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    if everything fits on one grate i'm not sure what the problem is.

Cool, I didn't know if the potatoes needed to be raised or not. :)
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    do the potatoes have any idea where they are? as long as they are indirect, they'll be fine

:-S
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante