Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tips for starting the Egg - Bringing to temp.

AztecAztec Posts: 2
edited March 2012 in Using the Egg
I've been using the egg on a regular basis now for 2 months.  I love what it can do, and have read lots, and viewed many videos on tips and tricks from fellow eggheads.  One issue I continue to battle is starting the Egg.  From what I keep reading and seeing, is that it heats up and cools down quickly.  I'm not seeing that.

Here is my typical start:

Open Egg dome.
Open vent
Place Natural fire starter in center of lump
Let sit for 10 minutes or so.
Close dome and open full function metal top.
Wait 30 plus minutes for it to reach 350.....  Is this normal?  If not, what can I do in order to make the Egg's temperature regulate faster.  Don't get me started on how long it takes to reach 600.

Seals are good, Thermometer is calibrated.  I'm at a loss, and need some expert advice.

Comments