Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Temporary stand/nest/table

acracr Posts: 27
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm heading over to pick up my egg tomorrow.  I plan to build my own table. I'm a hobby woodworker, so I can't not build one!  My question is this; what can I use temporarily in the time until my table is done?  I don't really want to buy (see: pay for) the nest if it's going to be essentially a temporary solution. 

I suppose I could just set it on the deck (on a stone), but that doesn't give me a very good working height.

Any tips?

Comments

• Here's a few suggestions:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1164087#Comment_1164087

BTW, my "temporary" table in the pic I posted has been "temporary" for about 2 years ;-)
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Lol, hey that was my first post here when i was in a very similar situation.

FWIW, I built my temporary based on caz's Pic. Except I used 3 cinder blocks, 1 level, and a 2' x 2' x 2" paver.
    I wanted it lower because of my son and the dog, but I do wish it was a bit higher
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!