Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first stir fry in wok

jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Seasoned my wokshop 16" carbon steel wok and decided this was the weekend to give it a run. I have to say the spider is a must for using the wok and the ability to flip it over and get closer to the fire as it goes down is very nice.

I have to say, it was relatively easy to do but definitely took some preparation and getting all things staged and ready to go. I made some minor mistakes that I know I can avoid next time, a little too much oil, etc.

I did make some fried rice with a small bag of frozen veggies that turned out excellent, all in all the family said it was delicious, and I have to admit it was pretty good. Only gripe is some of the "seasoning" came off the wok as I was stirring everything with the metal spatchula.

Here are some pictures, so you can see it did happen. :-)
·

Comments

• Looks great!  Can't wait to get my wok.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,209
    I bought a "pow" wok, with a single long metal handle, so I couldn't flip the spider over to get it even closer to the coals like you have.
    However, since I lost the hair on my right arm anyway from the intense heat, I'll just be happy with that!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·