Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first stir fry in wok

jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Seasoned my wokshop 16" carbon steel wok and decided this was the weekend to give it a run. I have to say the spider is a must for using the wok and the ability to flip it over and get closer to the fire as it goes down is very nice.

I have to say, it was relatively easy to do but definitely took some preparation and getting all things staged and ready to go. I made some minor mistakes that I know I can avoid next time, a little too much oil, etc.

I did make some fried rice with a small bag of frozen veggies that turned out excellent, all in all the family said it was delicious, and I have to admit it was pretty good. Only gripe is some of the "seasoning" came off the wok as I was stirring everything with the metal spatchula.

Here are some pictures, so you can see it did happen. :-)

Comments

• Looks great!  Can't wait to get my wok.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,351
    I bought a "pow" wok, with a single long metal handle, so I couldn't flip the spider over to get it even closer to the coals like you have.
    However, since I lost the hair on my right arm anyway from the intense heat, I'll just be happy with that!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.