Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lodge wok / Lodge Products

StoaterStoater Posts: 292
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Has anyone used the lodge wok on the bge to any success or is the wok shop the only way to go? I would imagine all the lodge products would do well on the bge is this the case?

• Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    The 'experts', such as Grace Young (Breath Of A Wok) strongly recommend only carbon steel.  I think Lodge is only cast iron.
    Houston, Texas
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    You dont want cast iron. A wok should cool quickly when you take it off heat, and heat quickly when you put it over heat. Cast iron responds like a tractor trailer. No good. you want a quick little rocket. Thin carbon steel
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • washousewashouse Posts: 8
    Personally I have been using Cast Iron cookware for twenty years.  I love the stuff and will use it over anything else.  As for the WOK from lodge.  It has extremely high marks as a cooking instrument.  There are 144 reviews of the Lodge Wok on

Most of them are from professional cooks.  Not sure how many use the Wok in a BGE.  But one use of the Cast Iron Wok is deep fat frying.  Something my wife loves because it keeps my frying out of her kitchen along with the associated smells.