Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

IPhone Apps

Options
eggin72
eggin72 Posts: 3
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Any good apps out there related to BBQ

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I think Pepper Pilot is somewhat helpful/interesting.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • khristyjeff
    khristyjeff Posts: 163
    Options
    I like the Recipe Box for iPad and iPhone.  We'll keep all our recipes on the iPad, but some I put on the phone to have handy while I'm cooking.  Have been slowly entering recipes and throwing away all the scraps of paper that I've made notes on. 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    For Mac users with an iPhone or iPad, I really love MacGourmet.  It's a recipe program that runs on your Mac..  You can attach a picture to it on every step of the process. There is an iPhone/iPad accompanying app that lets you download the recipes to your phone - quite helpful at the grocery store.

A couple other cool things is that you can create a cookbook that will contain chapters.  I have different chapters for Chinese, Italian, TexMex, etc. and Chicken, Beef, etc.  A dish may be in multiple chapters.  It also generates a Table of Contents and Index.

Also, I can email a recipe to somebody.  I've done that for a few of you here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

I have found that I print them and toss into a drawer. At some point when that drawer gets near full I toss all the ones that I will be looking for in the future. One guys way of doing something.

L-)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options

I have found that I print them and toss into a drawer. At some point when that drawer gets near full I toss all the ones that I will be looking for in the future. One guys way of doing something.

L-)
    You must have tossed the "wok seasoning" recipe and the "wok cleaning" recipe.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

L-)
    You must have tossed the "wok seasoning" recipe and the "wok cleaning" recipe.
    BURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.