Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BBQ Ribs

thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had an error in the original post this weekend.  What I have discovered in my personal experience is that you do NOT have to cook pork ribs for 5 hours, you can also leave out the steeping process (depending on your recipe).  So based on my limited experience in the low and slow world I've landed on a 2.5 hour 25 minute method that appears to be working VERY well.

Ingredients
*2 Large Slabs of "Restaurant Grade" pork ribs (Restaurant grade defined by the butcher as membranes removed, larger proportaions of meet at the rib ends, essentially a really nice cut of ribs.
*Mustard
*Bad Byrons's Butt Rub
*Bourbon BBQ Sauce
*Lime BBQ Sauce

Directions
1. Cut the ribs in half for the rack (just our preference)
2. Slather a light coat of mustard (for barking)
3. Rub on Bad Byrons's and set aside for a couple hours to reach room temp covered in plastic wrap or foil
4. Fire up the egg to 260 dome, with platesetter legs up, a drip pan and grid and normal height with vrack on grid for ribs.
5. Add the ribs and cook for 2 1/2 hours with no rotation, and NO PEEKING.
6. Remove rack and return ribs to grid for a bath in Rib Sauce and simmering at 300 for 25 minutes with one turn and one recoat after 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove and wrap in foil until dinner is served.

imageimageimageimageimage
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241