Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Regret

Options
nyzzi
nyzzi Posts: 2
edited March 2012 in Root
Well, my wife made the comment that the one thing she regrets is ever bringing the egg into the our house (she got it for me for Valentine's Day). Apparently, it's become an obsession, and I've spent too much time on my phone reading through this forum.....

She didn't complain though after Saturday's Herbs De Provence beer can chicken, so I guess that's a good thing.

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Just keep cooking for her and she'll come around. I think my wife knew I would be fully enamored with it due to all my other hobbies. All or nothing is the only way I roll.

Heck, she even explained to our guests that I'm getting a 2nd egg at the Salado Fest so I can do indirect and direct simultaneously. I :D

It's possible to get full WAF, just keep feeding her delicious food!! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Just don't put in bed with you all.  That tends to pi$$ the wives off.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Just don't put in bed with you all.  That tends to pi$$ the wives off.

It's the only time I'll take a shop vac to my egg and she still gets mad! I just don't get it.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My wife is not happy when she can't eat because I have not taken a picture of it first.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Ahhhhhh.... I had to cut back on the photographs.   My wife suggested that I could not eat a meal without taking pictures of it first...   Still sneak some time to time,,,
    Cookin in Texas
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    nyzzi, just tell her it's lucky that you are not a serious case of obsession.  You could be sitting in your driveway sorting charcoal into piles, taking pictures, etc. etc. etc.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    nyzzi, just tell her it's lucky that you are not a serious case of obsession.  You could be sitting in your driveway sorting charcoal into piles, taking pictures, etc. etc. etc.

:)) =)) :))
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Y'all crack me up -- these are some of my favorite threads!  :))
    I am a wife with forum, cooking, and food-picture-taking obsessions... 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Unfortunately for me I've spent the past two weeks researching charcoal thanks to your reviews, calling up every store I know of around the area asking which brand they carry and how much it is, and even having my wife check too. Was looking for some bins to store my sorted charcoal, so maybe I should hold off a bit. I'll just be sure not to take any pictures of them (while she's looking).
    Dunedin, FL