Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egg Table Question

mudpuppy45mudpuppy45 Posts: 21
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm in progress of building a table for my large BGE.  I had planned to enclose all sides around the BGE except the front and top hole where the egg's top is.  Now I'm starting to question if there would be too much heat buildup inside the all wood table!  All thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks
Mudpuppy45 (Ten Miles North of the Gulf in Alabama) Large BGE

Comments

• GatoGato Posts: 766
    I had the same concern. Left front and rear open.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • I think you will be ok as long as the front is open and there is sufficient clearance all around the egg.  Remember to put a think piece of stone under the egg and use the feet.
  • Jameson19Jameson19 Posts: 318
    I left mine open...

Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang, beautiful 1 year old daughter and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!