Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone know where to find cypress 2 X 4's near Raleigh NC

Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm having a very difficult time finding select grade cypress for my table project. Any help with locating the wood will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Have you tried Capital City Lumber? 
    The Naked Whiz
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    edited March 2012
    Just called and no cypress 2 X 4's
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,099
    Maybe Hardwood unlimited in Burlington?
    Greensboro, NC
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 21,755
    I get all my cypress from friends keeping an eye out for me, contractors and craigslist. The recycled stuff from old barns is much more rot resistant than new growth.

Here's a craiglist search for Raleigh

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/search/maa?query=cypress&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

• Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    I did try a couple of sources from Craigslist and local ads but everything was not finished. I didn't want to plane it and sand it. I think the lowes lumber will work since I stained it and it's covered by a sunbrella cover. I did screw the 1 x 4's in so replacement will be fairly easy.