Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tri tip this was great reverse sear.

stevesails
stevesails Posts: 990
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Cooked this on my XL. put some ground garlic salt, (from costco) and fresh ground pepper.  on the raised half moon indirect at 450 dome. cooked indirect until 130 on the thermapen.

then put on the grid, raised to felt line  and seared for 3-4 minutes on each side. I got a little more than medium rare, to medium, a little too much for me  but the rest of the family loved it.

This was a nice piece of steak. will definitely do again.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Nice cook. Did the garlic have a warranty?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Steve I am sorry. Just got caught up in the moment.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• stevesails
    yes life time warrantee, with 2 % back a year, and when the package is nearly empty i can take it back because i didn't like it.  and they will give me my money and just throw the package away.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Steve, if you buy your garlic at an eggfest, you can get it for a lot cheaper.... =))

Mickey, Mickey, Mickey!!!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • stevesails

There are no eggfests in Michigan. closest one is a 6 hour drive.

sorry, would rather go sailing.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    edited March 2012

stevesails

I may head down to my brothers in Kokomo and to JJ's in May.

Would be great to have one in Michigan.

Bill

PS I'm a Saginaw Bay stink boater

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI