Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low and Slow

Options
meat73
meat73 Posts: 140
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Thought I was definately getting a Maverick 732 then started reading about the different options for stoker control and some have the ability to have a meat probe built in.  What is everyones thoughts which systems work best or is a guy better off with the 732 and adding a simple stoker later if he decides.  Technology doesnt scare me but I dont need the latest and greatest stuff just something that is dependable

Thanks

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You might want to cook for a while on the egg w/o the control to learn how yourself.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options
    The Maverick is a great tool at a moderate price.  I suggest you start with that and decide later if you want more bells and whistles.  The DigiQue and Stoker takes some of the skill away from the smoking experience.  The Maverick is a cooking tool as well as a teaching tool.  In my opinion, you'll become a better egger with the Maverick before you upgrade to the Stoker or DigiQue. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• meat73
    meat73 Posts: 140
    Options
    thanks guuy sounds good