Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting Ready to Make the Jump $$$

Options
gfavor
gfavor Posts: 74
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Been researching the Med BGE, I'm getting really excited about it.  I called a local dealer (in Huntsville AL). Nice folks, the Medium BGE will cost $850, the Large BGE is $1050 (I think).  Wow, I didn't realize it would be that high. Does that sound reasonable? Your thoughts ...

Comments

• Pants
    Pants Posts: 7
    Options
    That $850 should come with a nest and side tables, if I'm not mistaken.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Go to an EggFest. You will find Larges around $750 with nest and some have plate setters.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited March 2012
    Options
    They will have about 7 hours use.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• gfavor
    Options
    Pants, ur correct it has the nest and side tables.
  • BubbaSambo
    Options
    I don't know about Huntsville but in Dothan, just the LBGE is $829 (no extras).  Same in Panama City, FL.  

I bought mine in Pensacola, LBGE: $629 w/ table $398.  I think I'd advise you to seek a better deal or either take a beach vacation and come back with an Egg!
    RMFT LBGE
  • Mickey
    Options

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e51d519r0e0b6ce7&llr=6db44dcab

www.mountainegg.com/index.php

Two in your part of the world and all the info you can only pick up at an EggFest.

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Up here in Chicago where everything seems to be expensive, I got my Large with nest and shelves for $993. I think you can find a better deal. Good luck.

Buckeye Bob
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • WAYNEBAMA
    Options
    gfavor, that seems mighty high to me also, I got my LBGE in Pensacola, same price as BubbaSambo.. Built my own table.
  • noarmysargent
    Options
    I googled best price for LBGE about a year ago.  I got a large w/nest and tools for $799 at a hardware store about 40 miles from me.  (Georgia)  Needless to say I was the 1 customer of the day,  The owner said he bought in very large quantity and it was 1st come, 1 serve until they were gone.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited March 2012
    Options

I got mine in Central Florida.  Got the Large first at an ACE Hardware, with nest and wings it was $850.  Got the Extra Large at a butcher shop, with nest, wings, and $50 of meat for $1,000.

The Ace has gone up quite a bit, but the butcher still has the same deal, and for the Large it's $800.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• gfavor
    Options
    Been checking around the local suppliers.  Best price so for is a med for$ 799 and large for $999. Comes with Egg, Nest, Mate, Ash Tool. 
  • gfavor
    Options
    Just called Costco, they don't carry any BGEs. But that would be cool if they did.
  • mwraulst
    mwraulst Posts: 131
    Options

i got mine slightly north of you in chattanooga. It's a medium bought it naked (no nest, no mates, no nonsense) for 595. i went to the nearest pawn shop and bought a circular saw and drill ($48 total) went to lowes and spent $70 on wood and screws. printed off the table plans from bge website. the table is about as easy as legos, it's as simple as they come. Total: 713

egg fests are great ways to pick up cheaper eggs but don't forget that gas factor in getting there.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Been researching the Med BGE, I'm getting really excited about it.  I called a local dealer (in Huntsville AL). Nice folks, the Medium BGE will cost $850, the Large BGE is $1050 (I think).  Wow, I didn't realize it would be that high. Does that sound reasonable? Your thoughts ...
    This is the same price as Ace Hardware and Bart Fireside which are the only two dealers in Columbia, SC. I bought mine in ATL for a way better deal.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013