Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rocket City Cookoff in Huntsville

Squeeze
Squeeze Posts: 717
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What an awesome time. Thanks to Blindog for putting on an awesome event. Also thanks to Grillmeister for joining the Grateful Pig BBQ team for the night. Here are is the rundown[p]Grand - Lotta Bull
Reserve - EJs BBQ[p]Grateful Pig BBQ overall 29/61 (we are happy for a first time)[p]Chicken
1. Lotta Bull
2. South Pork
3. TWBB
4. Hat Creek Cattle Smoke
5. Jiggy Piggy
6. Green Eggs and Ham (Egg Team)
7. Co Bros Que (Egg Team)
8. Backyard Buddies
9. Bar B Quau
10. Neighbors Brewin & Quein[p]13. Grateful Pig BBQ (.5 from placing...so close)[p]Ribs
1. Cooking with Attitude
2. Whoop De QUe
3. Lotta Bull BBQ
4. Bill and the Dixie Chick
5. Rock River Ribs
6. The Smoking Section
7. Smokin Triggers
8. J Mack Cookers
9. Late Night Whiskey Smokers
10. Bar B Quau[p]Pork
1. Wild Bunch Butt Burners
2. EJs BBQ
3. South Pork
4. Swine Dive BBQ
5. Team Top Chick
6. Smokin Triggers
7. Paradise Ridge
8. Music City Pig Pals
9. Jacks Old South
10. Big Johns Texas Bar B Q[p]Brisket
1. Lotta Bull BBQ
2. High Times Smokers
3. Bill and the Dixie Chick
4. Buttrub.com
5. Bone Smokers (Egg Team)
6. Pig Pounda Kappa
7. Jacks Old South
8. Three 5 Seven
9. Music City Pig Pals
10. Piggin & Grinnin BBQ Team[p]Overall there were a ton of eggs out there which was awesome to see. We even saw a guy light one with what looked like a flamethrower shooting a 3 foot flame from it. I don't think there is much of a gasket left after that one. We got interviewed by the local 31 news and they were pretty interested in the egg. Pictures to come soon when we get home. We learned a ton and will be doing more. Thanks to all the eggers there who were so hospitable. I thik we even have some more converts who will be joining the ranks soon.

Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• Congrates to Dan (Green Eggs And Ham), the Co Bros, Dr.BBQ, and all the others. I think every contest gains a few new Eggars. Sounds like a great weekend.
    Poppasam

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Poppasam,[p]This contest was loaded with eggers. It was amazing. I saw at least one more egg besides the five teams that post here, and we definitely got a few calls to the stage too. I couldn't keep track but the egg is becoming a competition force. Congratulations to all!!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ