Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steaks!

Options
Jameson19
Jameson19 Posts: 354
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I got my ol lady a filet and a NY Strip for myself. The NY was 1.5" thick, the filet was 1.75" thick. Fired up the LBGE to 730 degrees and tossed them on for just over 3 minutes (3:20 exactly) and flipped them for another 3:20. Flipped them again and shut the egg down for 3:30ish. Tossed some blue cheese on to melt also.... The finished pic looks very red, but in reality the finished steak was not as bloody as the pic looks. I was using the factory stainless steel grate, hopefully the cast iron grate is in my near future....

Moral of my experience: Ribeyes, NY strips, t-bones can all take more searing, but the filet is so small and tender, get the extra quarter inch. The filet cooks much quicker!
Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!

Comments