Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egg'n this past weeked - lots of pics

boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Haven't posted pics in a while - thought I would.   Nothing fancy, just some of our favorite food.    Put a BB on Sat Night - thing cooked till well up in the day on Sunday.   Was kind of a funny shape, looked more like a football than the normal flat shoulder - much thicker in the middle ( the package said Pork on it ).   Took a while to get the internal to temp.   I normally do not use foil - but in the case should have tented the bark the last hour or two.   Meat was moist, wonderful.   Bark was flavorful - but when chopping to mix in the pulled pork - was kinda tough.    Made for some good Sunday afternoon Sandwiches.

That night was the main event - Pork Pizza.    We keep BB and Brisket in the freezer for cooking - multitude of dishes.   But our all time favorite is when we make pizza.   Once again - nothing sophisticated - but oh so good.

After rolling out the Pizza Dough - I coat with yellow mustard, pretty generously, then a layer of my current bbq sauce favorite.   Generous chopped onions, layer of either Pulled Pork ( or brisket ).   Lite sprinkling of sharp cheddar cheese.    After its off the Egg - and sliced, we garnish with dill pickles.   Kind of like a bbq sandwich, without as much bread - but with all the flavor of a pizza cooked on the egg.

One other thought - I picked up a tip here on the forum about starting pizza with Parchment Paper.   I used to use corn meal.   I am sold on the Parchment Paper approach - after about 5 minutes or so - slips right out - leaving pizza directly on the stone.

Enjoy - I am headed home from work to have Pulled Pork taco's - still eating on last weekends cook....

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Cookin in Texas

Comments

• ShawnShawn Posts: 356
    Looks amazing! You must of had a good fiest!

Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,046
    Back away from the pork and place in freezer now. Bring to Salado and do THE PIZZA please...... WOW (find me when its ready please, and if you see a one-eyed guy  with a patch on don't say a word about the pizza) :ar!
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).