Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cooked some Ribeyes on the Mini

R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,939
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I cooked up a couple of ribeyes on the Mini Egg.  

The Mini loves to sear!

That's all I have, the rest of the meal was leftover take out food and not picture worthy.

Thanks for looking!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Perfect, Did ya thermopen them and what temp?

LET'S EAT
  • Ya jes can't do any better than that !  Nice job.

Can't wait to get a Mini.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    R2.1Egg2Q, man just had to add an extra number to your name for that cook! WOW, you nailed it....... That is the reason I sold my Small and bought a second Mini. They are just FUN.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Randy1Randy1 Posts: 379

Wow! That looks great.

Maumelle, Arkansas
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,920
    Think I am cooking steaks tonight now. Thanks for posting. Well done. =D>
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Very nice looking steak.  First picture is a keeper...love those flames
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EZEGGEZEGG Posts: 49
    Looks good!  Nice pics!   :-bd
    Eric O. RMBBQA Member Blog - http://smokeontherockies.com/ Large Big Green Egg
  • That first pic is awesome!  Great job! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,939

Perfect, Did ya thermopen them and what temp?

Thanks! Yes, I did use my trusty Thermapen.  The first one (shown in the cut) was pulled at 132 and during the rest rose up to about 135.  

I pulled the second one around 128-129 and took this a couple minutes later:
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, UDS (Darth Maul), Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,939
    Thanks everyone for the compliments!  I'm really enjoying my wife's Mini Egg (she says it is hers but she has only lit it once).

Bay Area, CA
  • BakerManBakerMan Posts: 159
    My stomach is growling...I'm heading to the Farmers Market in an hour.  Looks like steaks are on the menu this weekend.
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"