Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Adjustable Rig Photos?

JMSetzlerJMSetzler Posts: 75
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Do any of the forum members have some photos of how they are using one of the Adjustable Rigs in their eggs?  As I am making my plans to buy a large BGE, the plate setter is on my accessories list but I'm reading a lot of good things about these Adjustable Rigs as an alternative to that.  From the website I can't seem to find much in the way of photos of how these work inside the egg...

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    edited February 2012

This was from a butt a few days ago and the 4th pic is if doing a direct cook like chicken/turkey, etc. If you look deep in the 4th that is a spider (you need that). (IMO) you do not need the platesitter with the adj rig- part of the reason to get it.... note first three pic's of indirect cook and pizza stone (or use pan) just don't need platesetter- save that money to add to adj rig.

imageimageimageimage
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Ribs with the oval stone for indirect...

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh616/_IPA_/5b39ba8b.jpg
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,483

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Ok... I think I'm sold on the idea now.  Thanks!
  • Mike where did you get your table

?

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,483
    Mid-America Equipment in Hannibal, MO
    217-653-0654
    Ask for Tim (He is the table guy)

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE