Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Noob question - Jaccard Tenderizer

Options
ShadowNick
ShadowNick Posts: 533
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,  getting my first BGE next weekend and wondering if anyone has any experience with using a Jaccard on meat cooked on a BGE and the reduced cook times that come with it.  Any input would be welcome, can't wait to do my first cook.
Pentwater, MI

Comments

• TigerRVer
    Options
    I use it on deer meat since it can be tough. It works well. I'm not sure i would use it on a good cut of meat.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options

I have one and use it about half the time (depends on my level of preparation energy) on Brisket flats (only brisket cut I can get around here).  Haven't noticed any difference with cook times, tenderness or anything else with the cooks-probably need to do a side by side cook with the only variable (besides the hunk of beef) being the use of the Jaccard.  So, not much help here-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Buckegg
    Options
    I use it on a hanger steak to reduce the amount of time it needs to marinate.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i dont own a watch so wouldnt know if it cooks faster. good if your marinating though. my butcher has a better jaccard than ive seen for sale, i let him do it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it