Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook, chickened out

Options
Cookup
Cookup Posts: 0
edited February 2012 in Root
Getting a new kitchen, and consequently being without one for a while, was the reason I started looking for an outdoor cooker. So now I've got an Egg and it is my kitchen. Being unfamiliar with grilling in general and quite hungry, I decided to stick with chicken, in bits. Making a rub after reading lots of posts here and doing the legs according to another post on Tandoori chicken, I fired up the Egg in near freezing temperatures and rain. Not too concerned about perfect done-ness at this point, I decided to shoot for recognizable. I guess I threw the bird bits on a bit soon, as the vents were still way open to get the temperature up. Not sure, but maybe a bit too much direct heat caused some early blackness. That turned out to be just the rub, so I got wings with bark. Maybe I have low standards, but that tasted so good, I know where all my chickens are going from now on.

I have no clue which of the two came first, but I do know the chicken goes in the egg.

The Broccoli was a bad idea, though.

Comments