Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is what I used to do before the BGE!

Options
FlyingTivo
FlyingTivo Posts: 352
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Lets see how they come out on the XL BGE as soon as i get it!
Im so desperate!

Felipe
Men, easier fed than understood!!

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Is that a dog?
  • FlyingTivo
    Options
    LMAO!!!! No, small piglet! The other is Prime rib on a simple gas smoker!
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Just kidding, looks good.  I suppose come here fido just won't work anymore...
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    In all seriousness, how much did the piglet cost, and how big was it?  I have been hearing $9-10/lb from my butcher for a piglet; crazy demand for these little buggers.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options

No dogs and no adventuresome pits with pigs-but do have a history with the water/gas smoker ritual and can say the BGE is much easier and better to work with.  Now, you could burn through three or four el cheapo water gas rigs for the price of a BGE but at the end of the day it's still a water/gas smoker.  I was late to the green kool-aid especially given my first exposure to the BGE was in 1994 but now that I'm here I am am thoroughly enjoying the journey.  "Don't look back, somethin" might be gainin on ya".  The great Satchel Paige-words to live by.

Enjoy the XLBGE you will regret the delay in making the move and now "Q" happily ever after.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FlyingTivo
    Options
    The pig was done for christmass dinner. It was 22 kgs, about 45lbs, but they are priced because of the potential to grow and weight more! So they are more expensive, this was 800 pesos, thats about 62.50USD, about 1.46usd/lb. So i guess you guys have it rough! :)

Felipe
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing you post pictures of piglet cooked on the egg
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx