Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spatchcock help

BakemanBakeman Posts: 113
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
What should the breast temp be on a spatchcock turkey
·

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    160 and 180 on the thigh.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • BakemanBakeman Posts: 113
    Thanks Granny, I just did a spatchcock turkey and I had the temp wrong . I thought the breast was 180 and the thigh 160. I no better but to many Buds.
    ·
  • Bakeman,

You will find it easier to hit those temps if you put the legs toward the back of the egg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Thanks little Steve, I am a rookie here. Still trying to learn.
    ·
  • The back of the egg is naturally hotter than the rest. It does work.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Great, thanks alot!!! Every little bit of help goes a long way.
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    Why is the back of the Egg hotter? I think I agree based on looking in the top vent, butt not sure why.
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    You will have juicy dark meat (raw) and have to use plenty of that bud to get the breast meat down your throat
    ·
    I no iresh devl I just had a semi-senior moment. LOL. Turned 49 in January.
    ·
    Good stuff, I can't even begin to tell all the things I have done (wrong) with my egg.  I (and you) should continue to blame the booze. 
    ·
  • Why is the back of the Egg hotter? I think I agree based on looking in the top vent, butt not sure why.
    I think it's the airflow pattern but I try not to be too analytical (smiley)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Hay IreshDevl what part NJ I am across the river in PA
    ·
    Just at the beginning of the Shore, Monmouth County
    ·
    where in PA?
    ·