Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Bacon Explosion

smaschsmasch Posts: 115
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

I had a buddy tell me about this "thing" during the Super Bowl.  Has anyone cooked / eaten one (and lived)?  Im gonna fire one off tomorrow.  Will post a pic later. 

This has the recipe. 

Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
·

Comments

• IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Yes, good.  More show than anything else, IMO.  I didn't use the egg, just a gas grill.  Not sure of there would be much difference.  But people do rave about them.  
    ·
  • It's almost criminal. Can't wait to try it.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,693
    Yeah I have made one or two. Also called a bacon bomb or fatty. Definitely more for show. Can't eat too much of it, but kind of a cool appetizer if you have a lot of guests. Probably more geared towards men than women.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Very Correct it's more show than go. I have made three in the last year for the Nascar race and i have had one slice. I  have stuffed mine with cheese  as well and slow smoked it. As for women eating it, they do exist...

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • That is a little over the top for me.  Cholesterol bullet straight at the heart.
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
    ·
  • I know what I'm making this weekend now
    ·
  • I've made them numerous times. My wife and my mom are the two biggest fans (and they're both petite women). I use a thin layer of cream cheese and then whatever filling (the best I've used was pablano peppers,mushrooms, and crumbled bacon), plus a sprinkling of pepperjack. I like them. Best to make for a crowd unless you hate your heart. I will be making a breakfast one next time my mother visits with scrambled eggs and potatoes on the inside.

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757

Yep, they are good, but a once in awhile kind of thing. I made two for the Plano Eggfest.

http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/how-to-roll-a-fattie/

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • It is to close to the start of the new year around here.  Everybody is still on their diets.  Wait a few months and no one will care.

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Yes MO, wait for the NY resolutions to end.   All the new gym memberships should be ending in 3,2,1...  
    ·